We believe that although software powers the world, the software that organizations use to manage work-in-progress in the 21st century is only just starting to be written, and that the user experience and metaphors that underly this software are only beginning to come into focus.
Our mission is to create better cloud software for business. We strive for our products to be delightful and practical – as judged by our customers.
Philosophies that guide us:
- Our customers create things that power the world. Their success is at the center of our vision.
- Keeping things simple helps us maintain focus and unlocks opportunities to deliver more value to our customers.
- The business landscape changes in unpredictable ways. This dynamism is opportunity.
- Resources and information will rarely be perfect. Take the initiative, fill in the blanks, and make it happen.
- Understand the What and the Why. Empower others to do great things.
- Have the courage to discuss elephants in the room, be they risks or opportunities. Be honest, direct, and respectful.
Elijah Lovejoy, Co-Founder and CEO, has 25 years of experience building and deploying enterprise software and web applications. Prior to founding Ondema, Elijah spent 15 years leading IT teams at Cisco. Elijah received a BA from the College of Creative Studies at UCSB in 1993 and his MBA from the UCLA Anderson School of Management in 2016 with honors.
When he’s not leading product development or talking shop with customers, you can find Elijah catching waves at C Street or Campus Point, exploring the Santa Barbara foothills, or designing city-wide scavenger hunts for his kids.
Daniel Brown, Co-Founder and COO, has 15 years of experience leading operations and growing organizational revenue. He is a US Marine Corps veteran with tours as an AH-1W pilot and special forces fires controller. Prior to Ondema, Dan lead strategy and business development for consulting engagements with US government agencies. He received a BA from Dartmouth College in 2003 and his MBA from the UCLA Anderson School of Management in 2016 as the valedictorian.
Dan’s hobbies include watching Elijah steal all the good waves, jumping in puddles with his two daughters, and cheering on the Chicago Bears.
Ondema is a distributed organization based in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA, with employees working all over the country. We believe people are happiest and most productive working from wherever they choose.