Release Note: Ondema hacks time – Phase 1
Release Date: Jun 18, 2020
Disclaimer: this is a huge under-the-hood refactor that doesn’t have user-facing features…yet. We are hard at work testing the features and expect them to be deployed within the next few weeks.
We’ve re-architected how we handle start and end dates and times. Marshaling and de-marshalling start and end dates is now handled by SmartDate library. SmartDate is so smart that it not only handles dates (‘YYYY-MM-DD’) but it also handles times! (‘YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm’)
This is behind a new feature flag (featureFlags.fineGrainedTime) so we can fully test all edge cases.
- A new setting: timeGranularity can have value ‘day’ or ‘minute’. Note that several more settings will be coming, for example to be able to configure time in 15, 30, and 60 minute blocks (and perhaps down to the minute).
- W/. days: working on item or task from June 15 to June 17
- W/ minutes: working on item from 9:15 June 15 to 11:30 June 15
This re-architecture of how the application handles start and end dates and times will help us bring powerful features to the Workspace, such as fine-grained scheduling and alerts.
- Strings in Dynamo and Redux.
- Functions to marshal from string to JS Date object date picker users and back to string.