Release Note: Webpack update
Release Date: Feb 16, 2020
We recently refactored a significant amount of the Workspace’s libraries and routing. It’s 99% under the hood, but some users with data-rich Workspaces may notice an improvement in speed and performance.
This update improves application performance and security, and increases the velocity of development.
For those familiar with GitHub, you know what the below means. Nothing like updating tens of thousands of lines of code!
Upgrades in this release include but are not limited to:
- Update webpack, babel, lots of libraries to latest (e.g. polyfill, amplify libraries).
- Reduced security vulnerabilities to zero.
- Refactored routing from EOL react-router-redux.
- Lots of history.push() replaced with elements which work reliably and are easy to understand.
- New setUrlPlus() function changes URL && updates redux state.
- Still use react-router Links and Routes for several things.
- All state driven by redux (URL for route, but never state).
- Used react-router Redirect for the first time.